Detailed information/workflow about the image
In order to develop a proposal that would make sense and not remain in a flat image the first thing was to define the climate in which the project is located, in this case I decided to place it in a tropical climate due to the variety of vegetation that exists in these regions of the planet, in addition this climate allows different dynamics around the river all year. Subsequently, the key was to define the use of the building; since the heights of the context don’t exceed 8 levels in height, I assumed the context as a residential area and the commission as an equipment for this area.
The River’s Museum emerges as the analogy of a river stone that cracks and flows with the water, a body that divides into several to provide various habitable, transformable and walkable spaces. These fragments compose the equipment, and vegetation grows in their voids as a way of linking with the river ecosystem.
To visually develop the proposal it was necessary to:
1. To make drawings of the context and the first ideas until arriving at a visual composition that expressed volumetrically the intention of the proposal.
2. Once the composition was clear I proceeded to raise the 3d model of the context and the proposal in the SketchUp software.
3. Having everything modeled I created 4 scenes where the step by step of the proposal could be seen to export the respective renderings and lines (the only materials placed in the model were the river and the volumes to be able to select them more easily through the render channels).
4. I opened the lines in Illustrator to edit thicknesses, trims and unnecessary information, then I exported them to open them in Photoshop with their respective renders. For this point I defined the color palette.
5. In Photoshop I fixed colors, placed line thicknesses to emphasize the information and inserted the trees (the arrows are made in Illustrator and edited in Photoshop). Then I exported the 4 images in png format with transparent background.
6. I imported the images to InDesign to design the panels and realized that the way I had assembled the panel the information wasn’t well balanced because there was a lot of space at the top. This is when I decided to develop some front sections that complemented the axonometric step by step without taking away their visual hierarchy.